You could be coming home to this!Welcoming and radiant bi-level, 3-bedroom, 2 full bathroom home in Penn’s Landing Square features a private newly renovated rooftop deck, 1-car assigned garage
10 Tips To Sell Your Home Fast
Dated: July 12 2018
10 Tips to Sell Your Home Fast ... Set yourself up for a quick sale!
The peak home buying season may be over or not ... but there are still steps you can take to ensure a speedy sale. Setting the right price and making an excellent first impression are both essential to attract buyers, but what else can you do to get the offers rolling in?
Here are 10 tips to sell your home as quickly as possible-even in the offseason.
1. Price it right from the start. Sellers often think they should start the asking price high and then lower it later if the house fails to sell. But that can result in a slower sale - sometimes even at a lower price. "The first 30 days' activity of your house being on the market is always the best activity you're going to see,"says CEO Tony Curry of Realty Publishers. If the price is too high, many buyers and their agents will stay away, assuming you're not serious about selling or you're unwilling to negotiate.
2. Enhance your home's curb appeal. This couldmean adding new sod, planting flowers, painting the front door or replacing the mailbox. Prospective buyers form an opinion the moment they spot the home. "Curb appeal is everything," Curry says. "Driving into the driveway and walking into that front door sets the expectations."
3. Update the interior and exterior. New fixtures, fresh paint and updated landscaping are all fairly easy and affordable ways to give your home a makeover. "It's got to look up to the current market conditions and what's in style," Curry says.
4. Clean, declutter and depersonalize. The fewer things there are in the home, the larger it will look, so remove knickknacks and excess furniture. Also take down family photos, religious items and political posters so prospective buyers can envision their family in the house, not yours. Finally you may want to hire a cleaning service to do a deep cleaning.
5. Stage the house to show how the rooms are supposed to be used. If you have odd rooms with no obvious role, give them one. An odd alcove off the kitchen could be staged as an office or a pantry, for example.
6. Make the property easy to show. The more flexible you are about visits, the more people will be able to see your home. Be ready for prospective visitors early in the morning, at night and on weekends, with little notice. Also, leave when the house is shown so would-be buyers can feel more free to move about without feeling like intruders and discuss the home's pros and cons honestly.
7. Remove your pets. Also remove their paraphernalia, such as dog dishes and cat litter boxes (or at least hide them). A prospective buyer shouldn't even know that a pet lives in the home if you can help it.
8. Make sure your listing is on all the major online portals. This is usually part of an agent's service, but it doesn't hurt to double check that your listing is on Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com. It also helps if your agent showcases the home on social media. "I know Realtors thatsell as many homes off Facebook as theydo off the MLS," Curry says. Both the agency and the individual agents have Facebook business pages where they share listings.
9. Ensure the listing has good photos, and lots of them. Most homebuyers start their search online and decide which homes they want to see based on the photos. You probably want something better than snapshots taken quickly with your phone.
10. Share information about the neighborhood. The listing should include photos not only of the house, but also of nearby recreation, dining and shopping areas. If the schools are good, make sure that information is in the listing. You're not only marketing the home - you're marketing the lifestyle.
Dawn Secreto is a PA Realtor® with 8 years of Real Estate Marketing experience, having worked for top developers as a Regional Marketing Director for Crescent Heights as well as Dranoff Properties, S....